AGV Battery Equipment Technician – Assigned to Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Group
ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering and Architecture firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other technical disciplines.
In support of our client, an international Automotive manufacturer, we are searching for an AGV (Automated Guided Vehicle) Battery Equipment Technician to join our maintenance team located in Chattanooga, TN. This is a long term, indefinite duration contract assignment. Will need one technician for each shift:
• 1st – 6AM – 2PM
• 2nd – 2PM – 9PM (Shift Differential of $1.00/hr.)
• 3rd – 9PM – 6AM (Shift Differential of $1.50/hr.)
Responsibilities for these AGV Battery TPM Technicians will be to monitor and observe AGVs and their Batteries to make sure they are running effectively and efficiently; clean out debris that is collected and clean the AGV charging stations, so the AGV can make good contact for charging.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Clean AGVs to make sure debris is collected so the AGV can run smoothly and efficiently.
• Clean AGV charging stations so that the AGV can make good contact for effective battery charging.
• Observing AGVs as they operate in the plant to make sure they are running efficiently and batteries are at an acceptable charge.
• Removing and replacing AGV batteries before they completely run down as needed.
• Create Maintenance Work Order for any damaged AGVs.
• Work with team members daily. Be willing to provide assistance to other team members as requested by the Maintenance Project Manager
• Understands and follows safety & environmental regulations and identifies safety/environmental concerns.
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Any educational training or experience with AGVs would be preferred, but not required.
• Any experience as a Maintenance Technician in a manufacturing plant setting would be a plus.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Technical aptitude would be preferred, but not required.
• Communicate effectively with written and oral communication skills.
• Interact positively with co-workers, team, and supervision.
• Required to routinely wear personal protection equipment such as safety shoes, safety vest, safety glasses, and gloves, etc.
• Ability to perform daily activities including walking, standing, reaching, twisting, stooping, grasping, and working around ear noisy equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ResourceTek offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including paid vacation, holidays, etc.