In support of our client, a global leader in the steel manufacturing industry, we are seeking a Maintenance Planner to join our team of maintenance and engineering professionals on a long term, multi-year contract assignment at our client's facility near Mobile, AL.
The Maintenance Planner position is responsible for the effective execution of outage and maintenance work control processes. He / she is responsible to the Maintenance Manager for the efficient and effective use of planning and scheduling all resources to conduct outage and maintenance activities which result in minimum downtime and maximum productivity.
In order to fulfill these responsibilities in the most effective manner, the Maintenance Planner will manage work priority, develop Task Procedure plans, define parts and material, define crafts and skills and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective and efficient work control plan. In addition, the Maintenance Planner provides the equipment-related expertise and technical guidance, building plans to replace pumps, cylinders and related equipment. Experience in SAP and creation of Gantt Charts using Excel.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Maintenance Planner, once a valid work request is submitted will prioritize, plan, schedule and follow –up on accuracy of the job plan for all planned (PM and corrective) work. The focus is not day to day but is to be proactive and optimize workforce productivity and minimize plant downtime by managing work 2 weeks to 1 month in advance.
The planner/scheduler will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop Gantt chart using Excel or Microsoft Project to ensure the timely and proper shutdown process.
- Make use of IP42 in placing PM into SAP systems and establish a strategy regarding monthly, semi-annual, and annual PM.
- Organize maintenance plan through SAP by delegating maintenance package.
- Closely monitor mechanical and electrical malfunctions system to keep up with trend and present reports to the management.
- Manage revisions to track occurrences and maintenance activities for audit purposes.
- Train maintenance personnel on using SAP along with scopes of work for jobs to ensure the accuracy of the information.
- Create trends for health of line and key performance indicators (KPI) to maintain line and personnel.
- Document machine total failure times throughout the month and year and identify top 3 breakdowns in the line and consider RCA for solution.
- Planner will be principle contact and liaison between the maintenance department and operation planning. They ensure the area, department or facility receives professional maintenance service in a timely manner to ensure high equipment availability and performance.
- Reviews work request for accuracy and clarity: clear scope of work, realistic completion date, proper lead times, correct equipment identification, proper charge number (if applicable), proper authorization, and discuss details with originator of the work order.
- Escalates issues to the Maintenance Manager for work which does not appear to be valid or costly.
- Obtain and organize all information required for the crafts to perform the work: drawings, vendor manual, supplemental instructional materials, special procedures, and other file material which is appropriate. Supplement this information by preparing any additional sketches, drawings, diagrams, notes, or any instructional material which will clarify the work to be performed.
- Identifies and secures all parts and material required to complete the work by providing stores a Bill of Material for the work order and any special kitting instructions.
- Approach all aspect of the work being performed with safety as the highest priority.
- Provide job estimates based on craft or skills required, sequence required, and number required.
- Determine and identify vendor delivered service for the work order. (i.e., contract vibration service or alignment service)
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in an industrial maintenance supervisory and planning role.
ResourceTek provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes group medical, paid holidays and vacation, 401k participation, Flexspend and other supplemental benefits.
ResourceTek - An Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.