Aviation Technology Manager
On behalf of our client (Georgia Department of Transportation), applications are sought for the position of Aviation Technology Manager, for a long-term contract assignment working at their offices in Atlanta, GA. The primary duties of this position are to guide a state transportation program to advance air transportation related to Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) and Uncrewed Aircraft Systems (UAS). This position will be responsible for executing an aggressive implementation plan in coordination with other key personnel. The position will supervise staff with expertise in these areas of advanced technology.
AAM involves the integration of innovative technologies, including electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft and urban air mobility, to create efficient and sustainable transportation solutions for urban and regional environments. The manager will play a critical role in coordinating various aspects of AAM operations, ensuring regulatory compliance, and driving the successful implementation of AAM initiatives in the State of Georgia. UAS responsibilities are limited to the Department’s program for use of these aircraft to improve internal safety, efficiency, and reduced cost to the department due to the advancement of this technology.
- Operations Management:
- Develop and implement operational strategies for the deployment and management of eVTOL aircraft and related infrastructure in urban and regional settings.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish efficient operational workflows, including aircraft maintenance, charging infrastructure, airspace management, and passenger services.
- Monitor AAM operations in real-time, identifying and addressing any operational issues or disruptions.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Stay up-to-date with the latest regulations and policies related to AAM and urban air mobility from aviation authorities and government agencies.
- Ensure that all AAM operations adhere to relevant safety and regulatory standards, obtaining necessary permits and approvals.
- Stakeholder Engagement:
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including regulatory agencies, local governments, technology providers, and community members.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to address concerns, gather feedback, and communicate the benefits of AAM to the community.
- Technology Integration:
- Work closely with engineering and technology teams to facilitate the integration of eVTOL aircraft, avionics systems, and software platforms for seamless operation.
- Identify opportunities for technological advancements that enhance the safety, efficiency, and user experience of AAM services.
- Risk Management:
- Assess potential operational and safety risks associated with AAM operations and develop mitigation strategies.
- Develop emergency response plans and procedures to ensure the safety of passengers, crew, and the public.
- Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Collect and analyze operational data to measure the performance of AAM services and identify areas for improvement.
- Prepare regular reports for management and stakeholders to track key performance indicators and milestones.
Application Process: Client is not accepting inquiries and or applications. Please direct all inquiries and applications - candidates should submit a cover letter and resume - to:
Mike Martin, Senior Account Manager
520 Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1202, Knoxville, TN 37902
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in aviation management, aerospace engineering, transportation management, or a related field.
- Proven experience in aviation operations, transportation management, or a related industry.
- Strong knowledge of aviation regulations and safety standards, particularly as they apply to new and emerging technologies.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills for stakeholder engagement and team collaboration.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to make data-driven decisions and solve complex problems.
- Familiarity with advanced air mobility concepts, eVTOL technology, and urban air mobility trends is a plus.
- Joining a rapidly evolving field, the Advanced Air Mobility Manager will contribute to shaping the future of urban transportation while ensuring safety, efficiency, and sustainability. The role requires a dynamic individual who can navigate complex regulatory environments and foster collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Aviation Management, Transportation Planning, Engineering, or a related field
- Five (5) years’ experience managing airport projects and supervising staff or consultants in the administration of aviation projects and/or programs
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize priorities and determine objectives/strategies to achieve assigned goals
- Experience writing technical documents and understanding/interpreting federal/state regulations, statutes, planning and design standards
- Experience using computer applications including spreadsheets and databases
- Committed to providing quality customer service
- Physical mobility necessary to maneuver over irregular terrain to conduct airport inspections
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience managing statewide and/or regional transportation projects
- Experience working with Federal/State/Local government agencies
- Experience managing capital improvement programs
- Experience as a FAA Licensed Pilot
- Experience in the fields of Uncrewed Aircraft Systems (UAS) and Advanced Air Mobility (AAM)
Position Requirements: Full-time position with an office in Atlanta. The position further requires approximately 20% travel with some overnight stays. Successful candidates will be required to submit to and pass a drug test and criminal background check.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is based on qualifications and experience. A full range of competitive benefits is offered.