In support of our client, a leading provider of sales and support of towing equipment, ResourceTek is seeking a Cost Accountant in Kingston Springs, TN. The right candidate will be responsible for the cost management function including product costing, inventory valuation, maintaining the cost system, evaluating standard costs and coordinating inventory audits. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Cost Accountant will develop, administer, and maintain the cost accounting system to ensure the accurate reporting of product cost and inventory. Ensure accuracy of inventory records and inventory valuation. Communicate information relating to inventory and cost to all levels of management. Additional duties include financial analysis, reporting and General Accounting activities.
- Assist company personnel with various financial, make vs. buy decisions, process cost reduction studies, inventory control/analysis, cost of goods sold analysis, and budgeting.
- Assist Controller with Inventory planning and forecasting as needed.
- Provide product cost and inventory reports to management throughout the organization to use for tactical and strategic decision making.
- Provide product cost and budget variance analysis. Identify cost variance drivers and evaluate product cost for potential reduction opportunities. Participate in ABC cost studies as required.
- Maintain the accounting system and standard costs to ensure the integrity of inventory and cost reports. Work closely with Information Systems to resolve any system issues.
- Prepare and provide monthly inventory and cost reporting to management as required.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of inventory information. Work with I/S as required to resolve any reporting issues.
- Prepare analysis and analyze standard cost vs. actual cost variances using cost analysis software and spreadsheet software.
- Interpret, apply and maintain knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Conduct and report results, conclusions and recommendations of all special projects assigned by the Controller and/or self-initiative on a timely basis.
- Willing to offer suggestions for better and improved policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred, but will consider candidates with equivalent work experience in Accounting
- Must be able to manipulate a computer keyboard.
- Must be able to verbally communicate via telephone.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.