We are actively seeking an HVAC Project Manager to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close projects in support of business objectives. The ideal candidate will organize field construction utilizing the necessary engineering, labor, equipment, materials, tools, subcontracted services, and other company resources to effectively perform the scope of contracted work within an allotted budget and time schedule.
We are looking for a candidate who can effectively manage risk, maximize profits and further our relationship with customers. This is a contract to hire or direct hire opportunity with our client based in Nashville, TN.
- Develop and track a project schedule including trade manpower loading for the project
- Oversee the design, planning, and installation of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems in new construction or existing buildings.
- Establish project cost control centers for tracking of equipment, material, labor, subcontracts and miscellaneous costs
- Direct trade planners in the development of shop drawings and coordinate the planning efforts with other trades
- Develop the piping trade construction standards for the project
- Procure and manage project subcontractors and equipment vendors
- Inspect the jobsite on a regular basis for contract compliance, workmanship, and safety
- Follow-up on any required warranty work and maintain contact with owner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop full-scale project plan, as built drawings, coordination drawings, shop drawings, and construction schedules
- Supervise field staff and maintain necessary labor logs for productivity tracking
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and submittals
- Manage large jobs with minimal supervision
- Estimate changes in scope of work
- Attend meetings with owners, trade partners and field personnel
- Execute final inspection of projects, invoicing, retainage and customer satisfaction
- 5-10 years’ experience in commercial and industrial HVAC mechanical piping, plumbing and sheet metal
- Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred; will consider non-degreed candidates that have 15+ years’ experience working in a Superintendent and/or Project Manager role
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Solid knowledge of the construction process
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite and MS Project
- Osha 10 Preferred