In support of our client, an international Automotive manufacturer, we are searching for a Civil/Structural Project Engineer to support the transformation of existing facility into a center for EV manufacturing and technology in Canton, MS. This person will collaborate directly with our client’s construction project management team and vendors to provide leadership and administration for an estimated 24–36-month contract assignment. There is a possibility it could turn into a direct hire opportunity.
- This person will be responsible for overseeing industrial construction projects from specification development through final construction. The selected candidate will be working on multiple capital expansion projects of an existing automotive supplier facility and will provide project management of construction and installation projects. Projects can range from $5MM up to $100MM+
- Candidate will have Field and Project Management responsibilities for industrial construction projects, including all phases of Civil and Structural. Will also need to possess an understanding of other disciplines within the project, i.e., Mechanical Systems and equipment installation and other facility related construction.
- Candidate will provide management to assure compliance with the contract documents in the areas of quality assurance, safe performance, coordination with other trades, and performance of the work in accordance with the project schedule. The successful candidate should be familiar with codes and regulations related to construction activities. Will oversee inspection and monitoring of construction activities for Industrial Expansion Projects as well as coordination with plant operations. Ability to make modifications and some design using AutoCAD. Requires coordination and communication with internal and external clients.
- Plans, directs, and documents construction vendor assignments and activities on the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering (BSCE) or related discipline from an accredited college or university and 5+ years of professional level construction project management experience is required.
- The selected candidate must be knowledgeable with civil site and industrial building designs, i.e., concrete, grading, drainage, utilities, etc. Must have knowledge of general rules, regulations, and implementation regarding design, schedule keeping and safety. Must have good communication skills and a positive work ethic. Candidate must have knowledge of various construction codes & standards and environmental regulations.
- Successful candidate should have experience in evaluating A/E firm designs. Most design work will involve preliminary planning and concept designs as most are sent to A/E firms. Typical work time will be 70% desk work, and 30% in the field, but can vary depending on the needs of the project.
- Successful candidate should be able to work independently, organize and prioritize work, communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing; exercise initiative and use sound judgment; make recommendations to management; communicate effectively with individuals from various ethnic and cultural diverse backgrounds; establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
ResourceTek offers an industry-leading compensation and benefits package including employee medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and vacation, and supplemental insurance.
ResourceTek - An Equal Opportunity