Human Resources Manager
ResourceTek is seeking qualified candidates to fill this direct hire, remote work opportunity with our client, a multi-discipline provider of engineering, environmental, technical and administrative services/personnel to government organizations.
The Human Resources Manager will be tasked with providing strategic input, insight, and advice with respect to employee relations, coaching and development, performance management, conflict management, training and more.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Administer employee benefits programs including and participate in the annual review of the benefits programs and make recommendations, as needed.
• Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
• Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Design and implement effective training programs for new and existing employees, confirming the timely completion of all required training for staff.
• Assist in the administration of performance reviews, ensuring that standards are effective and fair, but also specific, measurable, achievable and consistent with our core values.
• Manage separation processes including COBRA, separation agreements, unemployment, termination letters, collection of company property, security measures, exit interviews, and internal documentation.
• Maintain employee handbook and champion its implementation.
• Ensure quick and effective responses to HR concerns from staff.
• Keep abreast of employment laws including but not limited to the FMLA, ADA, GINA, NLRA, ACA, USERRA, EPA, THRA, etc. and recommend policy and procedure changes as necessary.
• Obtain continuing education for Human Resource best practices and leadership development.
• Must be able to assess talents and skills of leaders, be innovative and creative, possess leadership and mentor qualities, be team and results oriented, able to coach managers, and deal with performance issues and terminations.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in relevant field.
• 8 years progressive Human Resource Generalist experience
• SHRM Certification, preferred
• 3 years of experience in a managerial role
• Must be 18 years of age
• Must be US citizen
Excellent interpersonal skills allowing this individual the ability to work with a diverse, multidisciplinary team. Strong decision-making skills and ability to self-motivate while working remotely, prioritizing necessary actions first. Ability to manage a team and resolve conflicts quickly and effectively. Excellent communication skills and proficient working