In support of our client, we are seeking Welders located in Blytheville, AR. The Welders are responsible for welding material according to specifications of job orders. The preferred candidates will be ten flux core arc welders (FCAW) capable of passing a 2G weld test with back gouging experience and capable of welding full penetration welds that pass ultrasonic weld tests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and understand welding symbols and select proper welding material needed to finish for fitting, painting, and shipping.
- Locate pieces approved by Quality Control for welding. Gather equipment necessary to complete the job.
- Clean welded pieces for next phase of processing.
- Responsible for adhering to all company safety and QA/QC programs and OSHA regulations.
- The ability to work overtime and regular, punctual attendance is required.
- Perform non-essential functions as needed.
- Minimum of two years’ welding experience required.
- Must be able to read and comprehend welding symbols and instructions.
- Must be able to read and understand structural drawings.
- Must be able to pass a tape measure test.
- Must have ability to pass an unlimited thickness groove plat test in the vertical and overhead positions using FCAW and SMAW.
- Must be able to carbon arc gouge the back side of butt joints to sound metal.
- Ability to lift at least 80 pounds frequently.
- Considerable amounts of overtime and weekend work may be required.
- Excessive amounts of bending and stooping in order to weld in difficult positions.
- Must be able to tolerate temperature fluctuations, and a dusty/noisy work environment.
- All of the physical demands listed are essential functions.
ResourceTek offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.