ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering and Architecture firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other technical disciplines.
We are conducting a search for a Sr. Construction Manager/Owner’s Representative to join our client near the Memphis, TN area. In this role, you will be managing all construction activities for large greenfield industrial projects. This is a direct hire opportunity with our client.
Our client offers a unique combination of capabilities. Services include construction management, fabrication, erection, mechanical installation, and plant maintenance for heavy industrial, commercial, and roadway projects, as well as a full spectrum of golf course construction and management services.
The Sr. Construction Manager/Owner’s Representative is responsible for coordinating with the owner, Engineer of Record, original equipment manufacturer, subcontractors, scheduling, safety, quality, and managing all on-site construction management activities. This position is deemed ‘safety sensitive’ since a person improperly performing the essential or marginal functions of the job would constitute a threat to the health or safety of the employee, the employee’s co-workers, and/or the public at large.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for onsite construction management.
- Responsible for all scheduling and work coordination between various discipline contract managers for all on-site work activities.
- Update and maintain the detailed project schedule including deliverables from various suppliers.
- Responsible for coordinating with Project Director for possible scope additions or reductions and tracking any perceived back charges as they arise.
- Coordinate with the Project Engineer to assure that all technical submittals and requests for information are submitted and responded to by the owner’s Engineer.
- Coordinate and lead daily construction meetings with supervision.
- Responsible for following all aspects of specifications. Must follow up on extra work items.
- Responsible for resolving all personnel issues and discipline problems in a fair and equal manner.
- Act as primary field contact with the customer.
- The ability to work overtime and regular, punctual attendance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the steel industry with project management.
- Must be familiar with OSHA and environmental requirements.
- Must have excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Procore, and Adobe.
Overtime is required to meet deadlines. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds occasionally. Must be able to climb stairs, walk the jobsite, and spend long periods of time on your feet. Must be able to travel. All the physical demands listed are essential functions.
- Medical Insurance
- HSA with Employer contributions
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) with Employer Match