ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other technical disciplines.
In support of our client, a global automotive company located in Franklin, Tennessee, we are seeking an Energy Engineer to join an exciting, innovative team in Franklin, TN (also open to working in Smyrna, TN or Canton, MS.) This opportunity will be a contract to direct hire opportunity or could be considered an immediate direct hire.
This position is responsible for supporting the energy and utilities management programs of our client’s manufacturing and non-manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and Canada. This position plays a critical role as the primary lead of the regional energy team. This position contributes to the achievement of the energy program goals and commitments. This is a collaborative position that interfaces with top management, Production, Finance, and Purchasing Departments.
Job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Develop regional energy targets and action plans for GHG performance that align with the client’s Green Program.
- Develop and support regional reporting of utilities budgets and GHG performance.
- Lead and/or support regional energy reduction activities such as Energy Treasure Hunts, energy audits, and training.
- Develop and lead breakthrough initiatives related to improving energy performance such as implementation of new technologies, energy projects, and employee engagement.
- Develop regional business cases and submittals for annual capital energy reduction projects.
- Interact with local and regional utility providers to minimize cost and risk.
- Support client’s ISO 50001 energy management system and Federal energy efficiency programs (e.g., the EPA's ENERGY STAR and DOE's Better Buildings programs).
- Minimum of 5 years related energy engineering experience. Existing Engineer 1 or 2 candidates may also be considered.
- Engineering Bachelor’s degree from an ABET-accredited university program is required (Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical preferred).
- C.E.M., P.E., or CP-EnMS preferred.
- Candidate should possess a working knowledge of linear regression modeling, chillers, cooling towers, HVAC systems, natural gas boilers, compressed air systems, and pumping systems.
- Critical thinking skills and problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision, work toward objectives.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet development, chart or trend analysis, and power point presentation.
- Occasional day and overnight travel.
ResourceTek provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes group medical, paid holidays and vacation, 401k participation, Flexspend and other supplemental benefits.
ResourceTek is an equal opportunity employer that believes strength is in diversity.