Operational Technology Engineer
ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering and Architecture firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines.
In partnership with our client, a global leader in metals manufacturing, we are seeking an experienced Operational Technology Engineer to support our client’s Mobile, AL manufacturing facility. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will manage Level 2 process automation projects supporting the rolling mills through the design and implementation of applications, databases, hardware, and HMI systems to meet the business goals of the company.
- Working in a team-oriented environment, communicating effectively and appropriately with other engineers independent of area of specialization
- Coordinating and instructing user acceptance testing procedures with both functional analysts in the Production Systems team and end users of developed solutions
- Conducting code review to maintain code standards within the team; participating in review of own code
- Conducting administration, development, technical support, and deployment in the existing automation system from various vendors to adapt the system to upcoming additional requests
- Providing software configuration and customization including, but not limited to: report setup, data imports, integration, custom scripting and third-party software integrations
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 4+ years’ experience with the following:
- C#, C++, SQL
- HMI Systems (WinCC/Wonderware)
- Proficiency with relational databases (Oracle or SQL Server preferred)
- Capable of analyzing technical information and quickly learning new technical skills
- Intermediate to proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Must be familiar with programming languages
- Experience working in process manufacturing industry preferred
- Experience with cold rolling mill environment preferred
TRAITS TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Understanding of process automation applications in manufacturing environment
- Demonstrating strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Structured approach and attention to detail
- Demonstrating strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic, high degree of professionalism, and strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to company values; Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
Client provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.