In partnership with our client, a global leader in metals manufacturing, we are seeking an experienced Human Resources Business Partner to support our client’s Mobile, AL manufacturing facility. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will serve as a strategic business partner to the site operating units by proactively offering timely and effective solutions to complex needs and issues, as well as promoting positive employee engagement while adhering to the principle of integrity in alignment with the business goals of the company.
- Supports, facilitates, and interfaces between Employees and Management at all levels in conflict resolution, addressing of issues and concerns, and being a strong communication and engagement advocate
- Creates and maintains a work culture that promotes transparency and employee engagement at all levels within the organization
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management to solve complex employee relations issues
- Streamlines, standardizes, and continuously improves HR policies, practices, and processes, and develops the HR organization to be more effective in managing human capital
- Assists employees with general questions and issues in the areas of recruitment, benefits, payroll, and training
- Develops, executes, and continuously improves HR policies and procedures in alignment with the strategic direction of the organization
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or related field, or a combination of post-secondary education and related experience
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in Human Resource Business Partnering or equivalent industrial HR Generalist experience
- Experience as a Human Resources professional in a plant environment, interacting directly with manufacturing floor employees
- Experience translating knowledge of FMLA, NLRB, FLSA, ADA, etc., into effective decisions when dealing with employees at all levels of the organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
- HRCI or SHRM-designation is strongly preferred
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Makes sense of complex, high quality, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
Client provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.