Salaried - Exempt
Reports to: Quality Manager
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer is responsible for testing and validation of TBM, curing, and tire testing equipment. He/she introduces new TBM and curing recipes into production. This position also includes promoting quality performance and improvement across production and all supporting functions of the Dayton, TN Plant.
• This role analyzes quality performance routinely, drives statistical analysis of our tire specifications vs. manufacturing capability, sets continuous improvement goals and executes projects to improve product quality performance
• Perform analysis of cured tire defects
• Conducts test series and ramp-ups for new rubber compounds in cooperation with HQ R&D specialists.
• Interpretation and communication of test results including regular communication with R&D’s tire development team
• Ensures accurate and complete quality data in all relevant IT systems
• Maintains uniformity machines and TBM recipe’s
• Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization
• Responsible for introducing and maintain detailed standards for production materials and processes, based on control plans and procedures
• Addresses quality concerns by writing corrective actions, interacting with customers, working within a core team to resolve issues promptly
• Addresses internal production concerns by reviewing rejects and working within a core team to resolve the issues promptly
• Addresses component concerns by notifying the component engineers about issues and reviewing corrective actions for closure
• Prepares and or revises control plans, FMEA, flow charts, work instructions etc. to ensure product, process, and specification conformance
• Capable of using hand measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers, etc.
• Develops and executes strategy to improve process capabilities and reduce variation on mixed stock
• Upholds Client’s mission and values, and demonstrates supporting behaviors in day-to-day actions
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to perform root cause analysis and apply statistics to problem solving
• Strong problem solving skills required using established methodologies including 8-D, 5-WHY, Ishikawa, etc.
• Time management and organization skills
• Attention to detail
• Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office; Word & Excel, Minitab)
• Proven technical skills
• Good to excellent lab/analytical techniques
• Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
• Knowledge of lab instrumentation
• Understands SPC analysis
• Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment
• Ability to work independently and under pressure
• Commitment to excellence, high standards and ethical business conduct; continuous improvement mindset
• Strong computer skills including basic knowledge of computer-based manufacturing applications. Proficient with MS-Office application suite
• Minimum a Bachelor's degree (preferably in Engineering) from a four-year accredited college or university
• Minimum 2 years related work experience
• Certified Quality Engineer and Certified Six Sigma Black Belt are desirable
• Experience with Oracle preferred
• Must be willing to travel up to 15%
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
• This position does not provide relocation assistance
Physical Demands/Work Environment
• Operates in both an office environment and manufacturing environment including indoor environmental conditions and noise
• Must be able to continuously stand, hear, listen, talk, walk, bend, stoop, kneel or squat
• Occasionally required to sit, use repetitive hand motion, pull, push and lift up to 20 pounds
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.