Our client, a leader in the design and integration of custom automated and robotic equipment, is searching for a Controls Engineer with Robotics experience to add to their team of engineers located in Murfreesboro, TN. They have full time direct hire and long-term contract opportunities available.
The selected candidate will support the installation of controls for new and existing installations including start-up, test, and debugging automated systems and controls, robotic cells, etc.
- Design, write specifications, purchase, install and start-up new equipment to meet the plant's business processes.
- Provide control system design of electrical & automated systems using AutoCAD & other design software.
- Program the PLC, HMI, various drives and safety controller.
- Develop control system software in PLC ladder logic, function block, HMI programming, etc.
- Develop interfaces to test facility equipment using hardwired interfaces and industrial networks and objectives.
- Manage all robotic processes.
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, and program-related robotic issues
- Perform project related engineering & services incl. assessing project scope, project estimation, system design & programming, system & functional documentation, and startup/commissioning support.
Bachelors degree in Electronic Engineering, electrical engineering or related engineering field plus 5 years’ exp. with design, programming & commissioning for automation & controls engineering projects incl. using various PLCs, distributed control systems, robot controls, and vision systems.