What We're Looking For:
Barge Design Solutions has an immediate opening for a Microsoft 365 Systems Administrator. This person will be responsible for leading and supporting an enterprise environment leveraging Microsoft 365 technologies.
This person will be a hands-on strategic subject matter expert helping architect modern solutions to support company growth, enhance the end-user experience and improve overall technology service delivery.
- Information Technology degree preferred or 7+ years hands-on experience leading and supporting a Microsoft 365 environment
- Broad understanding of enterprise infrastructure technologies and their use, such as but not limited to: Azure/OnPrem Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy Management, conditional access policies
- Wide-range knowledge of Microsoft endpoint operating systems and security: firewall design, configuration, and implementation utilizing Defender; patch management; next-gen anti-virus/malware and advanced threat protection applications; Bitlocker management
- Extensive knowledge of modern workplace technologies such as but not limited to: Teams, InTune, SharePoint, Exchange, Power Apps, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, and desktop analytics
- Implementation experience related to compliance features within the Microsoft 365 architecture such as but not limited to: data classification, data loss prevention, and eDiscovery
- Backend administration and troubleshooting knowledge of the Microsoft 365 ecosystem such as but not limited to: configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting systems including hardware, operating system, and networking
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Ability to lead discussions and solutions around Microsoft 365 technologies
- Present clear, organized, and concise information to all audiences to enable effective business decisions
- Provide assessments, strategies and roadmaps continuing to alter or improve the current Microsoft 365 environment
- Ability to contribute to operational, tactical, and strategic planning in support of the overall business plan
- Using modern monitoring toolsets to develop, test, implement, and maintain preventative maintenance procedures
- Provide technical support and design for the distribution, publishing, download, installation, and removal of software applications
- Troubleshoot and analyze Microsoft 365 related software and hardware issues
- Provide tiered support and documentation
- Highly proficient in PowerShell scripting language, Power BI reporting, and Excel
- Troubleshoot technical issues to determine root cause; develop, and implement timely solutions
- Thorough understanding and exposure to Azure best-practices and architecture related to the Microsoft 365 software application stack
- Knowledge of application delivery methodologies
- Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement
- Ability to identify key point indicators suitable for management reporting
- Ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments to improve work productivity, efficiency, and accuracy
- Knowledge of IT Service Management and security framework; ITIL, NIST
Why join us?
Barge Design Solutions, Inc., is an engineering and architecture firm with diverse in-house multidisciplinary practice areas. The employee-owned company is more than 400-people strong and serves clients nationwide from multiple U.S. locations. Barge is ranked No. 171 on Engineering News-Record (ENR)'s 2021 Top 500 Design Firms list, is No. 177 on Architectural Record's Top 300 Architecture Firms and is a certified Great Place To Work®.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company's core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate - Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic - Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible - We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence - We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service - We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled