In support of our client, a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high value-added aluminum products, ResourceTek is seeking a CAPEX Project Engineer to join their team in Muscle Shoals, AL. The right candidate will act as Owner’s representative, managing assigned projects including cost control, schedule adherence, management updates. This is a long-term contract opportunity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees, tracks, and validates a successful on time, in scope, and below budget delivery of each project.
- Coordinates activities with effected APU’s ensuring the coherence of project activities with the APU managers in area.
- Champions and enforces compliance with company Standards and Policies.
- Drives development of concise project planning, estimating, success measurements, and reporting processes.
- Supervise and coordinate all Construction and erection activities at the works site (subcontractors, internal departments, etc.)
- Manage the schedules and costs of all these Construction and erection activities.
- Manage all work-site activities (administrative, technical, etc.)
- Generate and sign required permits.
- In conjunction with client representative, reviews and validates process performance measures and project success after start-up of equipment for each project.
- Coordinates with Engineering controller and CAPEX Manager, to provide planning and scheduling management, CAPEX and expenses budget management, Purchase orders and invoice management, Cash out reporting and forecasting, Document controls management.
- Implement/follow the company Project Management process
- Review all project plans and status reports weekly.
- Identify and elevate any project deficiencies to CAPEX manager.
- Review / approve or identify and elevate, any change orders submitted.
- Review / approve countermeasure implementation.
- Travel as needed for vendor inspections, Factory acceptance testing, etc.
- Oversee field construction where applicable. This include completing and signing of General work, Hot work, Working at Heights, confined space, excavation, etc. (project dependent).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or a proven track record of successfully developing and executing industrial capex projects.
- Engineering degree and OSHA 10 required.
- Project Engineers with Mechanical engineering background: full time (exact start/finish TBD). Projects TBD may include environmental systems, Rolling mill equipment replacements, and/or equipment upgrades.
- Working knowledge and experience with the FEL process.
- Work portion of hours on-site and portion from office (timing project dependent).
ResourceTek offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, and vision. Equal Opportunity Employer.