In partnership with our client, a global leader in metals manufacturing, we are seeking an experienced Automation Engineer to support our client’s Mobile, AL manufacturing facility. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will provide on-site Automation support through technical leadership and continuous optimization of process improvement projects within the Central Engineer team to meet the business goals.
- Provide technical support and consultancy to the management structure
- Assists with coordinating third party engineering contracting services from the scope definition phase, to the close out document phase, ensuring the non-interference of new deployments in existing processes, through participation and analysis in its developing phase.
- Provide regular updates to internal customers
- Prepares and presents reports and findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Observes safety, review accident/incident reports and assist in investigations as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ direct experience in automation in manufacturing, commissioning, or service for automation systems, preferred in steel or similar heavy industry
- Knowledge on strip quality measuring systems
- Industrial process automation systems including Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Motor Control utilizing Variable Frequency Drives, including regulation via PLC systems
- Industrial communication systems, such as LAN systems, Profibus, Profinet, ProfiSafe, Wireless Networking
- Intermediate experience with industrial instrumentation and Human Machine Interface Systems, such as WinCC, WinCC Flex
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- 5 years of automation experience preferred
- Knowledge of Siemens PLCs is preferred
- Knowledge of data acquisition such as ibaAnalyzer preferred
- Familiar with Open Platform Communications (OPC) and OPC Unified Architecture (OPC-UA)
- Working knowledge of Industrial Safety Systems preferred
Client provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.