In support of our client, a global automotive supplier, we are searching for contract a Sr. Mechanical Machine Designer with Inventor 3D experience to join their team located in Nashville, TN on a hybrid remote/office schedule (3-4 days remote, 1-2 days in the office). This is a long-term multi-year contract opportunity. The select candidate should have experience with heavy industry, machine layout, and MEP in an industrial environment.
The selected candidate will create designs for mechanical devices and equipment and work with engineers and other professionals to create or improve manufacturing systems or processes.
- Work with Area Mechanical and Electrical Engineers
- Scope Design Projects
- Communicate Design Options
- Material, Component & Fastener Specification
- Plan and Develop Solid Models
- Detail Shop Drawings for Fabrication
- Small to Intermediate Designs
- Field Measurements, etc.
- Equipment LOTO may be required
- Utilize Plant Engineering Specifications
- Working Knowledge of Mechanical Parts and Assemblies
- Working Knowledge of Structural Shapes
- Support Advanced Designer as Required
- Maintain Plant Layouts & Updates
- Legacy 2D AutoCAD Drawings
- Legacy Hard Copy Drawings
- Autodesk Vault Loading
- Maintain Library & Wide Format Plotter/Scanner
- Support Production Signage Development/Plotting
- Associates Degree or certificate
- 5+ yrs of Machine Design
- 3+ yrs of 3D Inventor experience, Solid Modelling, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Good Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Working knowledge of mechanical parts and assemblies
ResourceTek offers an industry leading compensation and benefits package including employee medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and vacation, and supplemental insurances.
ResourceTek - An Equal Opportunity