Series Planning Engineer
ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering and Architecture firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines.
In support of our client, a leader in OEM automotive manufacturing, we are seeking an experienced Series Planning Engineer located near Birmingham, AL. This is a long-term, contract opportunity.
Under general supervision, this position will support and/or lead new tool build, engineering changes, BiW and assembly equipment changes, tool improvement, and provide input regarding feasibility of tool/part/equipment changes being considered. Validate changes in tool cost, equipment cost, engineering change cost, and piece-price. Works with ramp-up and support teams (Quality, Introduction, Development Hub, etc.) on current series production, current project ramp-up, and future projects as directed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review tool/equipment quality, part/assembly quality, tool/assembly process capability and work with Quality and Introduction to decide when tools are ready for series production.
· Provide tool tracking for new tools and communicate with other departments when necessary, to make these decisions.
· Participate in and help prepare for process review trials (B-phase & Production Trials) at Anlauffabrik (Series Pre-production) in Germany and at tool supplier locations as well as with home-line integration at the supplier and at Company.
· Prepare and present information for tool and/or product reviews at meetings and provide information for required reports.
· Organize internal and external meetings to clarify definition of problems and report findings.
· Procure from and exchange information with Quality, Introduction, Development Hub, suppliers, and other related persons or departments to ensure that tool and equipment quality, capability and timing requirements will meet or exceed MBUSI requirements.
· Provide feedback to Purchasing when requested as to if/when supplier has completed their obligation to Company and if/when supplier should be paid for tooling (new tooling and engineering changes).
· Confirm tool cost and piece price.
· Provide technical expertise for Purchasing department regarding all technical-related issues.
· Provide relevant requirements to development engineers for manufacturing enhancement.
· Document required product improvements and work with development engineers until closure.
· Support efficiency improvement measures of the Series Planning Department.
· Follow and ensure all affected rules, policies and laws concerning safety and security.
· Perform safe work practices and participate in trainings and safety programs in a positive and proactive way by following safety rules, procedures, regulations, standards, and laws.
· Report all unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and injuries to supervisor or Human Resources.
· Work safely 100% of the time.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Other Engineering, or related area or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· A minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience in an engineering function within a manufacturing setting with strong emphasis on press shop and/or body shop equipment and project management.
· Remain available for domestic and international travel and work on weekends and/or holidays in certain cases.
· Flexibility to support needs and demands.
· Knowledge in CAD systems: Siemens NX, SMARAGD
· Knowledge in PC applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information, both verbally and in writing, in German and English.
- Work experience with product development and in ramp-up phases.
- Experience in leading problem-solving groups.
- Knowledge in system applications such as ZEUS, Dialog, ACM, Engineering Client, KT-Database.
ResourceTek offers industry leading compensation and benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.