ResourceTek's client, a consulting engineering firm focused on providing EPC services to their customer, a global chemical manufacturing company, is seeking an experienced mechanical engineer with a minimum of 10 years of experience, a professional registration in Tennessee and Massachusetts (or the ability to become registered in both states within 9 months) and a background that includes Industrial HVAC experience. This job will be based in Kingsport, TN but will require 25% travel to Massachusetts.
Following is a basic job description to add to the minimum criteria stated in bold above:
Under close supervision performs routine assignments that are clearly defined and require the application of standard design techniques, procedures and criteria. Activities are directly initiated, supervised and reviewed by more senior level specialists and engineers.
No significant supervisory work required. May provide some technical guidance for design personnel.
BS degree is a minimum requirement
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of 10 years experience with a working knowledge of various computer software packages and automated engineering and design equipment.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares basic design sketches and performs calculations in support of broader design activities involving the design of equipment, components, structures, or systems.
- Conducts field trips to existing plants to gather operating data and equipment information.
- Gathers data to help prepare equipment specifications, inquiry and purchase requisitions for approval.
- Evaluates vendors' bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications for simple equipment and specialty items.
- Participates in the preparation of equipment lists, piping line lists and specialty item lists.
- Participates in preparation of design guides, guide specifications and contract proposals.
- Participates in plant Start-ups.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before clients or employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Occasionally may conduct or participate in a field trip to an operating plant or construction site. This requires normal hearing, the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance, clear close and distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus. Lifting to 25 pounds may be required.
Normal work environment will be a business office with moderate noise. Occasionally may visit or be temporarily assigned to work in an operating plant or at a construction site. This may require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, work near moving mechanical parts, electrical energy, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.
ResourceTek is an EEO employer