ResourceTek's client, a consulting engineering firm focused on providing EPC services to their customer, a global chemical manufacturing company, is seeking a local Drafter with AutoCAD and Microstation experience in the Indian Orchard/Springfield, MA area of their customer's location. This will be a minimum 12 month assignemnt starting in April 2022.
Electrical and Instrumentation Drafter
Indian Orchard, MA location for an Electrical and Instrumentation Draftsman.
Under direct supervision, performs routine tasks in preparing and maintaining detailed design E&I drawings, schematics or specifications typically using computer-aided design (AutoCAD) software. Works closely with engineers to resolve design details or discrepancies or to prepare drawings which require a high degree of precision using AutoCAD. Creates, modifies, and controls detailed drawings and maintains ProjectWise archival software database. Follows established principles and may assist in development and maintenance of drafting standards and procedures.
• Obtains basic architectural, civil, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical data from documents, occupant interviews, engineers, and field measurements.
• Performs inspections of existing facilities to determine and verify wiring needs and design drafting to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms, and records.
• Maintain working hardcopies of drawings (E&I schematics, P&IDs) within departments for E&I technician use
• Work closely with electricians and electrical engineers (internal and contracted) to ensure all information is accurately processed and maintained.
• Draft and approve all electrical, instrument, and control system (wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications, cross sections of underground cables) drawing sets and assemble documentation packages for all site projects to enable engineering and installation
• Having the ability to efficiently and accurately generate Cable Tray Layout, Grounding Layout, Lighting Layout, Substation Equipment layout, Instrument Location Plan, Communication Layout, Control Schemes & Termination Diagrams, Electrical Single line Diagrams, Lighting Panel Schedule, Schematic Diagram, Selection of Cable tray & MTO for Cable trays & accessories, Selection of Lighting Fixture, Receptacle & MTO preparation, Lighting Calculation, Plant Earthing & Lighting Protection system, Able to create base detail & design drawings / models, Loop & Logic diagram, DCS & ESD Marshalling cabinet wiring & P&ID diagram, Hook up drawings & electrical design drawings etc.
• Following project guidelines, instructions, plan, schedule & distribution as instructed by project manager
• Assist in the identification of technical problems and contribute solutions
• Digitization of paper records
• Be able to explain status but also drawings to construction teams or engineers and provide adjustments as necessary
• Prepare multiple versions of designs for review by engineer as needed
• Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards and are in accordance with Solutia’s drafting standards.
• Work from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers as well as from ground up design independently.
• Operate computer-aided drafting (AutoCAD) equipment
• Maintain all drawings, including version history, in ProjectWise archival system
• Proactively identify and address administrative or technical issues within ProjectWise or areas for improvement within drafting
• Check existing drawings with physical electrical systems and maintain/update as required
• Provide feedback and input to improve departmental standards, working methods, and guidelines
• Update direct supervisor routinely as well as provide frequent updates to requestors/project teams about the status and progress of work
• 2-year associate degree from an accredited technical institute or community college in Drafting and Design or equivalent is preferred.
• Electrical and Instrumentation knowledge and specialty strongly preferred or quick ability to learn
• AutoCAD experience
• High degree of motivation and ability to work independently
• Continuous improvement mindset to maintain and improve manual to electronic file system upkeep from each area across the site
• Ability to work on multiple priorities
• Good communication skills.
• Well organized in priority decisions
• Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others
• Familiarity with management of change a plus
• Isometric drawing knowledge a plus
• Familiarity with archival systems
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Certification(s) from the American Design Drafting Association preferred
• Individual will be working in the Eastman Chemical Plant located in Indian Orchard, MA
• Previous Eastman experience is a plus
• This is a 12 month + contract assignment
• Candidate will get full time hours each week and may be asked to work some overtime but not on a consistent basis
• This contract drafter will be eligible to receive 6 paid holidays and accrue 40 hours of PTO annually
• Assignment expected to start sometime in August 2022
ResourceTek is an EEO employer