In support of our customer, a consulting engineering firm with an office located in the Upper East Tennessee/Kingsport area, ResourceTek is seeking the following engineering professional: Electrical Engineer
The Electrical Engineer shall be engaged in multiple projects involving, but not limited to, the design of facility related electrical distribution systems, interior and exterior lighting, low voltage systems (security, communications, data systems), and emergency backup systems.
Overall Responsibility: Supports the Operations Manager in the achievement of the Company’s short and long-term goals for operations, workforce planning, financial performance and growth by establishing, promoting, and assuring high quality on all assigned projects. Supports the management of company processes, the technical quality of work product output, reviews and stamps drawings. Has lead responsibility for the electrical engineering work on a project. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Functioning as Project Manager on assignments with electrical design scope and other disciplines.
• Ensuring coordinated design on projects.
• Leading design development of electrical work.
• Creating and reviewing drawings, technical specifications.
• Contributing to estimation of projects, planning and construction feasibility.
• Leading/undertaking the development of design drawings.
• Providing advisory information during the construction phase.
• Performing site surveys and contributing to engineering studies.
• Attending and contributing to office, client and project meetings.
• Monitoring project production and schedules to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
• Ensuring the quality of the work produced maintains high standards.
• Performing engineering studies.
• Performing technical and coordination check-review of project documentation and drawings.
• Follows up on issues with design and production staff to resolve problems and concerns.
• Projecting and assisting with planning the appropriate resources for each project.
• Assisting Operations Manager and other Project Managers in developing fee and scope proposals for projects.
• Perform duties as a registered professional engineer in Tennessee (or ability to acquire PE quickly).
This is an immediate hire for a long-term assignment or direct hire opportunity with appropriate benefits.