In partnership with our client, a global leader in the steel industry, we are seeking an experienced Capital Projects Area Manager at their manufacturing facility near Mobile, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will lead process support for the Caster in the Steelmaking facility, providing guidance to shift crews to produce good quality slabs according to the most up-to-date, state-of-the art procedures, to meet the business goals of the company.
Salary range for this opportunity is $90k-$100k; plus 20% quarterly bonuses! Company offers a great relocation package, excellent benefits, and PTO!!
- Direct management of 3rd party project and construction management team with AM/NS Calvert projects leads for each working group
- Organizing, planning, and managing engineering construction and capital projects related to the site strategic projects portfolio
- Prepare and present additional investment files for approval of additional project scope execution packages
- Prepare and track project costs, schedule, contractor performance, and procurement and prepare regular reports for management related to status of projects and forecasts
- Follow and adhere to the project management best process
- Identify and implement best practices for project management for cost efficiencies
- Demonstrates the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the quality commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Business, or related field; or combination of education and relevant experience
- At least 12 years of demonstrated experience in project management in steel or other heavy industrial environment
- Extensive experience with project and process documentation
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
- Builds partnership and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism; Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
Company provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.