In partnership with our client, a tier 1 supplier to the automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Weld Engineering Specialist to join their team in Huntsville, AL. The right candidate will facilitate the establishment and ramp-up of an efficient and reliable facility and culture at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation. The right candidate will provide technical guidance and support to the department.
- Ensures safety of self and others by following all Safety Policies/Procedures and wearing all required PE
- Lead planning and installation of welding equipment, including welders, robotics, jigs, vision systems, etc.
- Program robotic equipment including PLCs, Fanuc, Omron, Motoman.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Build relationships with and attends training with equipment suppliers to maximize equipment capability.
- Confer with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, etc. to facilitate production processes.
- Demonstrate a hands-on ability to solve problems. Supports continuous improvement.
- Identify potential quality problems from drawings and/or be able to work with design for problems that develop in production.
- Support Activities and training in Welding Maintenance.
- Regular attendance is required
- Associate Degree or Technical Certification in an engineering related field or equivalent experience.
- Fanuc/Yaskawa robot with Omron PLC programming ability
- 2 years related work experience
- Performance Skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency).
- Work is conducted in an industrial office/ plant setting.
- Frequent movement throughout an industrial plant environment being exposed to high noise levels and equipment normally used in stamping / welding/ Ecoat environments.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.