In partnership with our client, a tier 1 supplier to the automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking Controls Technicians to join their team in Huntsville, AL. The right candidate will facilitate the establishment and ramp-up of an efficient and reliable facility and culture at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
The Controls Technician will ensure safety of self and others by following all Safety Policies/Procedures and wearing all required PE. The candidate will drive continuous improvement initiatives centered around equipment efficiency and reliability and as such, will help educate team members at all levels of the organization, and contractors, on the why and importance of such initiatives. As well as provide technical shop floor support to the welding department.
- Frequent manual lifting of parts or containers up to 33 lbs.
- Inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, & electrical & electronic components of machinery & equipment.
- Install, program, or repair automated machinery and equipment.
- Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures, and tools.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to supervisor immediately.
- Maintains work area and equipment to ensure it is clean, orderly and follows required safety regulations
- Provides suggestions to improve safety, quality, and productivity.
- Troubleshoot robotic equipment and control systems
- Complete documentation and repair records
- Regular attendance is required.
- Must be flexible to work in all areas and in your department regardless of duties listed above in order to accomplish company Goals and objectives.
- 2- year associate degree in related field or Journeyman certification or 4 years equivalent work experience.
- Robotic welding operations troubleshooting, PLC troubleshooting, Omron PLC controls, Fanuc robots, Yaskawa robots experience.
- Ability to pass mechanical and/or electrical aptitude pre-employment test if required
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- Electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatic knowledge is preferred.
- PLC programming capability is a plus
- Good Mechanical and Electrical aptitude.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts and overtime as required.
- Work is conducted in an industrial office/ plant setting.
- Frequent movement throughout an industrial plant environment being exposed to high noise levels and equipment normally used in stamping / welding/ Ecoat environments.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.