In support of our client, a leading provider of network software and hardware-based solutions, we are seeking a Reliability Technician located in Huntsville, AL. This is a long-term contract opportunity with potential to be hired on directly.
The Reliability Technician is a skilled professional level position where the work is primarily focused on supporting and assisting Engineers in a variety of Engineering work to include designing, planning, assembling, testing, modifying designs, and systems. Assignments will require independent judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations and this role normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments. This position may work on a range of projects with various Engineering Departments to include: Engineering, Document Control, Training, Tech Support, Design, Planning, Software, Test Design Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Mechanical Design, Component Engineering etc.
- Provide support in wiring and installation of new products and their associated applications going forward as products are released.
- Maintain, debug, and/or perform tests to verify performance, procedures, and functional operation of electronics boards and/or prototype boards and systems.
- Maintain software applications for product lines.
- Assemble various types of test beds, test racks, and test sets for use by design engineering group.
- Perform accelerated testing on electronic products, hardware design verification tests, and/or specialized testing as directed.
- Update and maintain manufacturing work instructions, update, and maintain manufacturing Bills of Material (BOM), and verify Mechanical drawings.
- Write and maintain test equipment documentation, including, but not limited to, MWI's, ATP's, and schematics.
- Draft, write, and submit Engineering Change Orders (ECO) for Engineers.
- Provide support in Lab equipment organization, configuration, and maintenance
- Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
- Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent is required.
- Level 1: 0-2 years of prior experience is required.
- Level 2: 2-5 years of prior experience is required.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required.
- Must have completed (or be able to complete) company Level 2 Solder Certification.
- Ability to perform measurements using basic laboratory equipment such as voltage/current meters, oscilloscopes, etc. required.
- Experience in verifying and debugging electronic, system, software, and hardware required.
- Experience with IP Networking, FTP/TFTP Servers, DHCP, and VoIP protocols required.
- Additional Technical Program Degrees or Certificates are preferred.
- Certification: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), CompTIA A+ OS Technologies Certification, CompTIA Network+ Certification are beneficial.
- HTML, Aspect, or TCL preferred.
- Knowledge of Ethernet switching, Ethernet captures, Web GUI testing, CLI, IP, DS1, DS3 and/or SNMP preferred.
ResourceTek offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.