In support of our client, a leader in the steel industry and a global supplier of titanium alloy products, ResourceTek is seeking Lean Manufacturing Specialists to join their team in two locations: Reading, Pennsylvania, and Clearwater, FL. The right candidates will have prior knowledge and practical experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting with a strong focus in Lean Manufacturing operations as well as knowledge/experience with the Toyota Production System. This is a direct hire opportunity with a top industry leader.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Directly support our operations through the Lean journey by working with the Lean Leaders and Managers and other key stakeholders. This position will provide direct support that focuses on the implementation and enhancement of the Company Operating Model, including but not limited to a standard’s rich environment, visual factory, daily management, problem solving supported by leaders, standard work, Gemba and continuous improvement thinking. Impact the development, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of efficient manufacturing processes and workflows. This strategic and hands-on role supports the day-to-day and tactical efforts toward the achievement of the strategic plan objectives.
- Enhance, organize, implement, and maintain production process flow.
- Recommend hands-on process improvements using a combination of Lean Manufacturing with a focus towards optimizing labor resources and systems, flow creation, 5S and waste reduction.
- Directly impact the improvement of existing operations for increased quality, productivity, efficiency, and cost savings.
- Facilitate value stream mapping.
- Investigate operational problems affecting production and reporting and recommending solutions.
- Provide manufacturing data i.e., production control charts, reliability, process capability, to improve the process and monitor and measure progress to target outcome.
- Organize meetings with other team members to facilitate growth.
- Identify ways to reduce production inefficiencies through recommendations- i.e: new processes, elimination of waste, machinery enhancements.
- Work with other relevant departments to determine estimated costs, run time, cost reduction, and close the feedback loop.
- Assist with training staff on new development processes and technology.
- Provide assistance on development and documentation of KPI’s and systems designed to sustain and drive continuous improvement using Company Operating Model.
- Ability to travel 25% to other locations within a specified region.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Project Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years successful lean implementation experience with proven record of sustainable results.
- Successful candidate will have prior knowledge and practical experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting with a strong focus in Lean Manufacturing operations.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement with identifying and eliminating waste using applicable tools and analysis.
- Proven coaching, facilitation, and organizational skills with a track record of successful change management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Must be proactive, creative, and a hands-on change agent.
- Should have team building and rapid execution abilities.
- Self-motivated and ability to “think on your feet” when working and a “can do” approach to work.
- Self-Starter who can creatively drive continuous improvement on their own initiative with guidance as necessary.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, computer and basic business skills. Able to bring clarity and optimal solutions from abstract information
- Advanced degree - preferred.
- Prior knowledge/experience with the Toyota Production System is - strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience in an industrial manufacturing environment - preferred.
- Extensive job-related experience with LEAN Operating Model Deployment - preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, well organized and the ability to prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions – preferred.
- Willing to work in a fast paced, every changing work environment.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees. Equal Opportunity Employer.