Steelmaking Operational Technology Engineer
ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering and Architecture firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines.
In partnership with our client, a global leader in metals manufacturing, we are seeking an experienced Steelmaking Operational Technology Engineer to support industrial capital projects at our client’s Mobile, AL manufacturing facility. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will manage Level 2 process automation projects supporting the melt shop and continuous caster through the design and implementation of applications, databases, hardware, and HMI systems to meet the business goals.
- Support Plant Operations by ensuring and optimizing availability, performance, and quality of; Melt Shop Level 2 systems, Continuous Caster Level 2 systems, and cost of process control systems
- Maintain and tune process models and technological parameters
- Regular analysis and reporting for maintenance and production processes concerning production disturbances, costs, quality, availability, weak spot analysis, and continuous improvement
- Troubleshooting process disruptions caused by automation systems in the fastest possible way, investigating for Root Cause and following up with corrective actions
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in software development (e.g., C++, C#, .Net Framework, .Net Core, Java, OO Languages, SDLC, DB integration) and database development, e.g., Oracle (PL/SQL), Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL), PostgreSQL
- Experience with hardware tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience in steel production and processing, especially in Melt Shop and Continuous Caster
- Experience in commissioning and startup in an industrial environment, especially steel
- Experience with virtual environments (VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Experience with industrial automation computer networks
- Understanding of process automation applications in manufacturing environment
- Demonstrating strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Structured approach and attention to detail
- Demonstrating strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic, high degree of professionalism, and strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to company values, Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Ensuring working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 14001 (current version) and ISO 17025 (current version)
Client provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Created in February 2014 through a 50/50 joint venture of the world’s largest and second largest steelmakers, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, AM/NS Calvert is located in Calvert, Ala.
This state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades including hot rolled bands, hot rolled pickled and oiled, cold rolled, and advanced coated products for the automotive, pipe and tube, appliance/HVAC, service center and construction industries in the NAFTA market.
AM/NS Calvert products are marketed in NAFTA through managing joint venture partner ArcelorMittal.