In support of our client, a leading provider of network software and hardware-based solutions, we are seeking a Cost Accountant to join their team in Huntsville, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for recording various inventory valuation transactions of the company while assisting in the day-to-day activities of inventory costing and valuation. This position will report to the Cost Accounting Manager.
- Maintain/establish standard cost model on ERP system, including calculations of labor and overhead rates.
- Monitor and adjust key cost drivers affecting purchase price variance and weekly report reviews with Buyers.
- Analyze automated transactional flows through ERP system for accuracy and proper indexing of sales orders, purchase orders, and journal vouchers and ensure proper financial mapping to GL.
- Monitor system generated cost integration transactions and record adjustments as needed.
- Prepare and analyze monthly inventory revaluations and adjust reserves related to excess or obsolete materials, inventories in-transit.
- Perform various month-end close activities including General Ledger research, record required monthly journal entries, prepare and review account reconciliations,
- Financial Statements fluctuation analysis, SOX control reviews and assist with audit requests.
- Review WIP, Refurbished stock and FG reserves valuations and record required journal entries to adjust as needed. Assist with forecasting future reserves.
- Prepare and analyze monthly standard cost variances related to material, labor and overhead, inventory revaluations and purchase price variances.
- Assist in ERP setup and maintenance for financial cost data and General Ledger mapping.
- Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or related Business field) required
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ standard cost experience, including knowledge of relevant GAAP rules.
- Thorough understanding of ERP process flows, ability to troubleshoot, and critical thinking skills is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Applicant should be able to see how a problem and its solution will affect others, gather information prior to making decisions, weigh alternatives against objectives, and arrive at a reasonable solution.
- Microsoft Office with proficient use of Excel is required
- Must be able to manage high volumes of data using databases, pivot tables, macros, and advanced application formulas.
- Previous experience with electronic component manufacturing is preferred
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience preferred.
- Knowledge of BaaN ERP software and Oracle Discoverer is a plus.
Client offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including paid time off, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.