Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, the Automation Engineer will effectively utilize technology to improve, streamline and automate the tire manufacturing process. The Automation Engineer will be responsible for the planning, implementation and monitoring of automation programs and equipment within the manufacturing facility; and will develop and maintain long-term automation strategies that serve to optimize asset availability.
• Analyze progress of overall equipment effectiveness and take corrective actions to minimize equipment downtime and maximize equipment performance. Provides regular performance reporting including failures, causes, and corrections.
• Reviews technical issues and collaborates with maintenance staff and suppliers to resolve technical production problems by performing the correct preventive maintenance actions. Operates computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Provides timely and effective hands-on troubleshooting and repair for manufacturing equipment. Troubleshoots and repairs high speed, automated, manufacturing equipment utilizing lock-out tag-out and hands-on diagnostic abilities. The troubleshooting may include climbing onto, into and around equipment to quickly locate problem areas and determine root causes of problems.
• Assists in writing process procedures and trains others to ensure corrective and preventative actions are taking place.
• Researches and analyzes supplier design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
• Assists with the construction and installation of ultramodern, process-controlled, high-tech installations of manufacturing equipment. Prepares specifications for purchase of materials and equipment. Identifies critical spare parts list.
• Acts as primary interface with equipment suppliers ensures timely resolution of operational problems and needs. Follows solutions through to implementation by active follow up. Sees projects through from concept to documentation phases.
• Conducts research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
• Maintains fully documented and accurate design and control programs that comply with established company and industry standards.
• Programming skills for industrial controllers (PLC)
• Must be able to work with software design: search for variables and parameters, signals from sensors and actuators.
• Must be able to diagnose typical HMI-PLC communication issues.
• Must possess sufficient knowledge to develop projects in WinCC Flexible “from scratch” and edit a project in WinCC, TIA Portal.
• Must understand the principles of IEC/EN/ISO electrical circuit structure within the sufficient scope required to repair the equipment and make changes in the circuits.
• Must understand operating principles of material alignment systems.
• Must be able to diagnose faults, replace faulty devices and make required adjustments sufficient for continuous operation of alignment systems based on the knowledge of the principles of building material alignment systems and determining their parameters using the elemental base of BST and E+L..
• Must know the operation of alignment systems at a level sufficient for the development of new systems.
• Must understand operation principles of robotic systems and basic principles of programming robots at a level sufficient for the development of new systems on the basis of Fanuc
• Must be able to read and modify electrical schematic diagrams for the equipment.
• Must understand effective standards, specifications, regulations and instructions for the preparation and execution of technical documentation.
• Must understand the rules and conditions of automation system and electronic equipment operation.
• Must understand the methods for technical calculations during the operation of automation systems and electronic equipment.
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited institute of higher learning in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant field, plus a minimum of 3 years practical work experience in a similar role or an exeprienced Maintenance Technician, ready to take the next step into an Automation Engineer role with a minimumm of 5 years' experience working in an ultra-modern manufacturing facility.
• Demonstrated experience working with equipment controls and PLC programming (knowledge of controls languages should include Rockwell and Siemens Controllers).
• Knowledge of production processes, quality control concepts.
• Prior experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment.
• Experience with Lean and Six Sigma tools; lean certification preferred.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.