In partnership with our client, a global leader in metals manufacturing, we are seeking an experienced Project Management Engineer to support industrial capital projects at our client’s Mobile, AL manufacturing facility. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will manage assigned Capital Projects within the Maintenance & Engineering department in collaboration with stakeholders, governing individual portfolios to achieve completion according to planned expectations. The Project Management Engineer will also coordinate with third party companies to support project implementation in compliance with company rules to meet the business goals.
- Manage capital projects from inception to completion following the project management workflow
- Responsible and accountable to develop project budget and schedule
- Qualify bids and respond to RFIs
- Develop technical documents, such as scopes of work, equipment specifications, etc.
- Provide regular updates to internal customers
- Ensure project success through commissioning and manufacturing integration
- Ensure the receival of as-built drawings, operating, and maintenance manuals
- Ensure equipment maintenance plans are developed as part of projects
- Manage multiple contractors and contracts
- Ensure project and contractor safety compliance
- Support reporting of projects to management
- Support continuous improvement of the project management system
- B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering; Or combination of education and experience
- 5 years’ minimum experience in an industrial environment supporting engineering and Capital project management
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience managing and coordinating contractors to ensure timely completion of jobs
- Experience with project and process documentation
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Makes sense of complex, high quality, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Provides direction, delegation, and removes obstacles to get work done
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Competent with project management concepts such as earned value, schedules, budgets, and variance
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Certified Project Management Professional preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project software
- Familiarity with SharePoint database
Client provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.