In partnership with our client, a global leader in metals manufacturing, we are seeking an experienced Process Technology Engineer to support industrial capital projects at our client’s Mobile, AL manufacturing facility. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will develop and maintain effective technology and lead major improvement projects to optimize product capabilities, output, cost (yield), energy and environmental performance and logistical ease within the highly automated Hot Strip Mill the business goals.
- Develops and maintains an effective technical team responsible for HSM technology and development
- Provides technical support for all HSM units, including timely and appropriate reaction in case of process and product related events
- Responsible for regular reporting of HSM process performance to senior management
- Manages and improves statistical systems used to define product and process capabilities (Cap Tables, Control Charts, SPC, etc.)
- Develops and maintains unit scheduling rules
- Develops and implements special/improved inspection and testing methods (SORM, IMS Fe, etc.)
- Drives functionality and performance of process models/control systems (Coating Mass Control, Shape Control, etc.)
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or similar
- At least 5+ years of progressive industrial experience
- Demonstrated understanding of control systems, instrumentation, process models (Process Management fundamentals)
- Demonstrated knowledge of (Metal Coated) Steel Strip properties and applications
- Basic understanding of heat and mass transfer, combustion, chemical reactions, and equilibrium (Chemistry and chemical engineering fundamentals), etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to develop and deliver technical presentations at a senior management level (including delivery of technical papers at industry conferences)
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- 3+ years of experience in HSM preferred
- Background in all major steel mill processes and products preferred, with particular in-depth knowledge of HSM processes and technology
Client provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.