In support of our client, an industry-leading Packaging Manufacturer, we are currently seeking an Electrical Controls Engineer to assist them on current and future projects. This is a full-time direct hire opportunity working in Houston, TX plant.
The selected candidate will provide controls engineering services and support to the manufacturing and commercial operations through evaluation, analysis, design, supervision, upgrading, and installation of corporate facilities, equipment, controls, power distribution, and process systems. The selected candidate will be working on cradle to grave projects, identifying problems, providing alternative solutions, design, working with vendors on fabrication, parts specifications, installation, start-up, and release.
This position involves applying maintenance and engineering skills to support a capital improvement project and will report to the area electrical engineer working an estimated 40-45 per week. The main function of the position is to be the electrical lead responsible for the design, installation, and project management of assigned machines and controls in order to maximize the safety, quality, and operating efficiency of the project.
- Strong project management and PLC programming skills are required.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLCs, drives, and servos is desired.
- CAD experience is not required, but engineers are responsible for ensuring that drawings are correct and initiating changes when needed.
- Other duties can be the following but are not limited to: leading Risk Assessments, providing drawings and BOMs for the control system, ability to create specifications for contract labor, providing supervision for contract labor during installation, confirming as build redlines make it into the final drawing set in CAD, and the ability to work with IT in creating network layout.
- Minimal travel as needed to inspect equipment.
- Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in Engineering preferred but not required.
- 5+ years controls related experience in a process, industrial, or manufacturing environment.
- Design, programming, troubleshooting, debug, and installation experience with Allen Bradley PLCs, HMI’s, Motors, Drives, Servos, and Motion Controllers.
- Expertise in Allen Bradley Controls and some knowledge of other various hardware equipment such as Allen Bradley and SCADA platforms
- Knowledge of construction techniques and projects involving startup and commissioning of control and instrumented systems.
- Knowledge of instrumentation to configure, calibrate and troubleshoot instrumented systems.
- Ability to develop and communicate technical information from various sources to implement designs.
- An exceptionally high degree of self-checking, Quality Control, and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal skills. Advanced mathematical skills.
- Good organizational/project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information.
- Electrical Controls Design
- IT Network Design
- PLC programming
- Installation Supervision
- Ability to understand CAD drawings and provide feedback to Drafter/ CAD experience
- Project Management
The client offers an industry-leading compensation and benefits package including paid holidays, vacation, and more.