ResourceTek's client, a global chemical manufacturing company located in Upper East Tennessee is seeking a local Instrument Engineer/Specialist for their Kingsport, TN location.This will be a minimum 12 month assignemnt starting in January 2022.
Independently performs Instrument Design activities for all phases of instrument development for a project of moderate size and complexity. Must be fully competent in performing all conventional aspects of Instrument Design and application of independent judgment for the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design engineering criteria, methods, and procedures. Assignments have objectives requiring the investigation of a number of variables.
Will provide some technical guidance for less experienced engineering personnel.
• Meets with clients’ technical staff to discuss technical information and features.
• Performs calculations for a detailed segment of a project.
• Prepares instrument specifications, inquiry and purchase requisitions for approval.
• Evaluates vendors’ bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
• Communicates instrument design to client and other disciplines.
• Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of a project.
• Participates in reviews of Process Flow Diagrams and Piping and Instrument Diagrams.
• Participates in the preparation of instrument index, loop sheets, and specifications for instruments.
• Monitors subcontracted technical services’ activities.
• Participates in preparation of design guides, guide specifications, and contract proposals.
• Participates in plant start-ups and field assignments as required.
• Ensures that production of drawings, specifications, reports and analysis meet scope, schedule, cost, and quality requirements.
• May participate with construction personnel concerning constructability issues as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
• Will he
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific tables and technical journals, financial reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to senior management.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probabilities and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Occasionally may conduct or participate in a field trip to an operating plant or construction site to gather operating data and equipment information.
Requires high school diploma and normally requires a 4 year degree. An Engineering degree would be preferred but not required.
Requires a minimum of 7 years of experience in Instrumentation Design or related functional area (or equivalent working knowledge/experience). This includes proficiency in utilizing various computer software packages.