ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines.
- client, a professional services company, is seeking an Electrical Controls Engineers with experience in control and data acquisition. The selected engineers will join our client’s team located near Tullahoma, TN and work on complex, cutting edge projects for government and the aerospace industry. These roles are 6-month contract to direct positions with excellent benefits and career-building experience.
- successful candidate will have a background in controls and instrumentation, specifically in control and data acquisition related areas such as PLCs, drive systems, motion systems, sensors/transmitters, actuators, PID control and communication networks. The primary responsibility of the candidate is to perform control system design projects. The ability to estimate work, track and assess progress, set technical direction, develop ingenious alternative approaches when necessary, and similar skills are the secondary requirements for a successful candidate. A drive to participate on teams or alone to design, develop, and deliver control and data acquisition system projects that achieve the technical requirements, are within budget, and within schedule is required.
This role will require control system design and implementation that will include temperature, pressure, model positioning, system and human safety, and other advanced systems to meet the needs of today’s growing technology industry. A solid math background is needed in order to understand/select/develop data uncertainty calculations, digital filter algorithms, advanced control algorithms, process simulations, etc
The skills required include:
• Develop hardware assembly and wiring diagrams for control and data acquisition systems.
• Develop control system software designs
• Develop control system software in PLC ladder logic, function block, HMI programming, etc.
• Develop interfaces to test facility equipment using hardwired interfaces and industrial networks
• Apply quality system processes such as checking the work of others, and following standard operating procedures.
• Apply closed loop controls methods to control continuously variable systems using PID algorithms
• Support hardware assembly and fabrication.
• Perform facility startup, checkout and commissioning, domestically and abroad.
• Communicate with clients and management regarding status.
• Coordinate with other engineering discipline and departments to ensure success.
• Experience with Delta Motion (highly desired), Siemens TIA Portal Step 7, Rockwell Studio 5000, or GE Proficy ME a plus
BSEE required along with 5+ years’ experience in Control System or Data Acquisition System Design. Candidate must be highly proficient in controls system design, motion control, and programming PLC ladder logic.
Position is open to US citizens only.
ResourceTek, LLC offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees. Equal Opportunity Employer