ResourceTek specializes in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines. In support of our client, a professional engineering services company, we are searching for a Senior Mechanical Process Engineer to join their team located in Bingham Farms, MI. This is a contract to direct or direct hire opportunity with the client.
The selected candidate will work to ensure client satisfaction and deliver key projects within scope, budget, and schedule. You should be a self-motivated professional with at least 5 years of progressive design experience.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working on and leading project teams to develop new designs for various process systems supporting automotive and aerospace research and test facilities.
- Taking ownership of the technical schedule and budget performance of the work assigned to them
- Under direction of a senior engineer; planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating engineering work through the selection and adaptation or modification of techniques, procedures and criteria
- Analyzing features or work and applying sound engineering principles and practices
- Reviewing results from assigned tasks and determining if results are complete, correct, and adequately documented.
- Developing technical reports and presentations for project management and clients
- Formally checking the work of others for completeness
- Working closely with structural, machine design, controls and instrumentation and aerodynamics/fluid dynamics engineers.
- Sizing and specifying piping/ducting and piping/ducting components, selection of compressors, pumps and fans, valves, flow measurement and fluid conditioning equipment.
- Design high pressure cryogenic and pneumatic piping systems
- Design high Temperature systems including steam systems
- Design refrigeration, vacuum, and fuel systems
- Design specialty HVAC systems and components
- Working in a fast-paced environment and under deadlines while maintaining high quality standards
- Supporting Project Manager and Senior Engineer in on-going design efforts
- Participating in internal and external meetings and design reviews with team members and clients
- Gathering information, interviewing stakeholders, making studies, performing calculations, and preparing rough layouts and sketches as required.
- Installation support and supervision: working with suppliers, subcontractors and other trades from the office and project sites
- Create engineering calculations and specifications and oversee the creation of engineering drawings.
- Traveling will be required at times to support design reviews, attend factory acceptance testing of equipment, provide support for construction activities and provide support for startup/commissioning activities at job sites.
- Participating in proposal development and support marketing activities.
- Field work will be required including climbing up on test stands and working around machinery.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplined team to meet project budgets and schedules.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- 15 Years engineering experience or 10 Years engineering experience and a MS degree from an accredited engineering school.
- Prior design experience with process systems is preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Knowledge and experience with common and unique process piping systems
Strong mechanical and process engineering analytical skills
Excellent oral and written communications, self-motivation, team-oriented work practices, strong technical problem solving and strong organizational approach
High ethical values and strong commitment to self-development, teamwork, and desire to work in Due to federal requirements for portions of the assigned work US Citizenship is required.
Experience with management of scope, schedule, and budget of individual projects
Knowledge of process systems and components including pumps, valves, heat exchangers, chillers, rotating machinery
Design experience including layout of process drawings and specifications
Site and field installation including trouble shooting experience and knowledge of process systems
Knowledge of AMSE B31.1 and B31.3 and ASME B&PV Code
Knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid flow – compressible and incompressible, thermal sciences, and process systems. Experience in design and/or maintenance of mechanical process systems is preferred but not required.
Software experience preference: AutoCAD, 3D software, AutoPipe, Caesar II, Mathcad, Creo, AFT
PE license preferred
Client offers an industry leading compensation and benefits package.
Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer