In support of our client, a leader in automotive manufacturing, we are seeking an experienced Quality Engineer located near Birmingham, AL. This is a long-term, contract opportunity.
Under general supervision this position is responsible for the resolution of issues identified during pre-production builds through SOP. Issues include identifying and correcting missing/incomplete work steps, escalating Quality related topics, and updating internal specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assures satisfaction for both internal and external customers by maintaining and improving both system and vehicle quality.
- Plans Quality station layouts and locations. Creates workstation content and interfaces directly with company quality planners to ensure the correct work steps are developed for new models/options.
- Performs routine analysis of internal/external quality sensors to update quality station work steps. Quality sensors include in-process inspection (AP Product), production and quality feedback systems (GFP/VOCA) and process audits.
- Notifies company Engineering for any new equipment required for new models/options.
- Supports "Quality Built in at the Process" and Continuous Improvement activities throughout operations.
- Conducts studies to find the most economical solutions for inspection methods, instruments, and test equipment.
- Assists in the development, implementation and training/use of inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions, including but not limited to Visual Inspection Standards, Lab Descriptions, and Quality Production system.
- Develops and maintains control plans for pre-launch and launch activities.
- Investigates and eliminates systemic quality problems through effective root cause analysis.
- Follows up on corrective actions, including but not limited to conducting line trial and special evaluations.
- Assists in the development of training materials and cascades the training to Quality Operations Pilot team members for new model changes.
- Perform safe work practices and participate in training and safety programs in a positive and proactive way by following safety rules, procedures, regulations, standards, and laws. Report all unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and injuries to supervisor or Human Resources.
- Work safely 100% of the time.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related area or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years' professional experience in Quality Systems.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, & Excel.
- Must be able to interpret key performance indexes.
- Must be able to perform in a fast past environment.
- Experience within automotive manufacturing quality environment.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing process and reporting systems (Plus, MRS, Shop Floor Digital).
ResourceTek offers industry leading compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, PTO, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.