In support of our parent company, Barge Design Solutions, we are seeking a Survey Technician in the Huntsville, AL area with experience in land surveying. This is a long-term, contract to hire opportunity.
- Assist Professional Land Surveyor or Field Crew Chief in performing a variety of field tasks associated with land surveying and construction staking.
- Overall construction staking of projects include layout, staking, hammering hubs, setting control, etc.
- Topographic surveys including setting benchmarks, downloading data, and collecting shots in critical areas to map the existing terrain.
- Perform field surveying services in order to complete projects including cutting dense vegetation with a machete, operating total stations, digital levels, and other such equipment for the preparation of Boundary Surveys, ALTA surveys, Platting, and Certified Survey Maps.
- Communicates with project team members, client representatives, and others as appropriate to project. Ensures that all survey equipment is in proper operating condition and reports deficiencies to the PLS.
- Operates and maintains survey instruments, which includes:
- Automatic levels
- GPS receivers
- Robotic Total stations
- Data collectors
- 2+ years’ experience as a Survey Field Technician preferred
- Secondary Education with an emphasis in Surveying, Engineering, or Geography, a plus.
- Trimble GPS and Robotics experience is a plus.
- Ability to self-perform work with minimal oversight.
- Work in harsh environments must be expected (wetlands, heavy brush, wildlife, etc.).
- Ability to work extended hours as required to meet client and/or project demands.
- Ability to work out of town with overnight travel whenever required to complete projects.
- Walk, sit, stand, frequently reach with hands, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequently lift to 70 lbs.
- Ability to walk or climb uneven terrain that consists of various changing vegetation, material, and incline on a construction site
- Visual acuity sufficient to read alpha/numeric symbols for computation and design
- Ability to handle tools such as axes, machetes, bush axes, sledgehammers, and shovels
- Occasionally drive a company owned vehicle
ResourceTek offers industry leading compensation and benefits package including PTO, Paid Holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.