In support of our parent company, Barge Design Solutions, we are seeking a Survey Crew Chief in the Huntsville, AL area with experience in land surveying. This is a long-term, contract to hire opportunity.
- Taking direction from survey manager and implementing a work plan.
- Demonstrating superior organization skills.
- Familiarity with Trimble surveying equipment including robotic total station and GPS system, automatic level, and electronic data collector.
- Familiarity and ability to perform boundary and right-of- way surveys
- Familiarity with heavy construction and the use of existing design plans and construction drawings for layout work.
- Demonstrating strong math skills involving geometry, trigonometry and other mathematical functions as required.
- Providing data acquisition and management for topographical and as-built surveys
- Creating accurate sketches and maintaining comprehensive field notes.
- Providing thorough and accurate data that meets required technical standards.
- Responsible for direction, production, safety and actions of field crew.
- Provides quality assurance by reviewing field data, reports, and maps.
- Performs other duties as required
- HS Diploma or GED required, Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in boundary, topographic and construction surveying
- Possesses a strong knowledge in boundary, topographic, and construction surveys
- Basic knowledge of boundary and legal principals
- 3D laser scanning abilities is a plus
- SUE experience is a plus
- Ability to work outdoors in all seasons
- Physical job that requires heavy lifting, climbing, and walking long distances sometimes over rough terrain
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Ability to travel and lodge as dictated by project requirements
- Must have the ability to work varying schedules
ResourceTek offers industry leading compensation and benefits package including PTO, Paid Holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.