In support of our client, a tier one automotive supplier, we are searching for a QA Lab Technician (Night Shift; 5pm-5am) to join their team on a project located in LaVergne, TN. This is a contract opportunity for 3-4 months with the possibility of extension with our client.
Qualified candidates will have testing experience with rubber compounds and materials. Experience with quality programs for raw material, rubber compound, monitor testing and other testing preferred. Familiarity with process equipment required. Local candidates preferred.
- Acceptance testing of compounds, materials, and in process testing of rubber compounds in accordance with the working standards and quality guidelines.
- Raw Material Testing. This is the day-to-day testing of direct and indirect, reinforcing and non-reinforcing raw material requirements for Quality documentation, sampling and testing before the material can be used.
- Rubber Compound Testing. This is the day-to-day pre-release testing done on mixed compounds to confirm the physical properties of the compound.
- In Process Testing of Rubber Compound. Any test that requires meeting of a specification before the tested material can be used. This is the day-to-day pre-release testing done on mixed compounds and calendar material to confirm the physical properties of the compounds and calendar materials within tolerance.
- Monitor Testing. Any test that is used to monitor key physical properties of a compound. These tests are done on a periodic basis to provide "snapshots" for compound physical properties that are used for trend plotting and for bench marking.
- In Process Monitoring Test. Any test that is used to monitor key physical properties of a compound. These tests are done on a periodic basis to provide "snapshots" of compound physical properties that are used for trend plotting and for benchmarking.
- Other Testing. Other testing as directed through the quality programs and guidelines may include: Stain, Ash, Specific Gravity & SMO Testing, 4 Roll Testing, Rework Stock, bead lubes as needed
- Miscellaneous Activities: Provide vacation/absentee coverage as needed. Complete daily work activity logs. Assist as need for resolution of non-conforming tests. Enter end of shift data into summary spreadsheet. BB & WM sample pickups. 5S activities in the Lab.
- High School Diploma required; some college or bachelors degree preferred
- Ability to work day shift or night shift when needed
- Must be willing to work OT and a 12 hour rotating shift (36 hours – Sun/Wed/Thu or 48 hours – Mon/Tue/Fri/Sat)
- Preferred Skills – attention to detail, multi-tasking, quality minded
- Certification using Lab Mill and MEO license
Equipment and Tools (Personal Tools Required):
- Safety glasses, safety shoes, ear plugs (PPE).
- Stain Cabinet, Brabender Elaster, D2020 Rheometer MDR 2000, Ash Furnace, Instron, Mooney Viscosity, Open Cup Flash Point. Gas Bunsen Burners, Auto Burets, Thermometers.
- Curing press, Lab Mill, Lab Punch Press, Brookfield Viscosity Machine, Soft Point Machine, Satorious moisture Machine, Analytical Balance.
- Computers, various computer programs, spreadsheets, and bar code scan gun.
- Motorized cart, 3 wheeled tricycle, knife and scissors.
ResourceTek is An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer