In partnership with our client, a leader in OEM automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking an SAP Cost Specialist to join their team near Huntsville, AL. The ideal candidate will manage SAP system and general stores cost accounting. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Foster positive team member relations through a culture of inclusivity, open and transparent 2-way communications, innovative workplace practices, and compliance with all applicable finance and accounting regulations
- Manage daily follow up of general stores inventory activities (purchases and disbursements)
- Responsible for general stores inventory audits and reconciliations
- Work closely with company for SAP and related system application interactions
- Create obsolescence for general stores journal entries during month-end close
- Support tax audits and supply requested documentation
- Responsible for visualizing actual vs. budget condition for general stores transactions
- Support Bill of Materials (BOM) analysis, revisions, and general cost accounting functions
- Support quarterly and monthly variance analysis
- Perform in capacity as Senior Staff Accountant with ability to support month-end close additional journal entries as required
- Support establishing the foundation of accounting and finance department such as support setting policy, creating templates
- Create standardized work and manuals for the operation and job above
- Interface with executives, managers, assistant managers, specialists, and group leaders cross-functionally as needed, to foster positive and clear channels of communication.
- Participate in financial audits and visits as requested.
- Interface with financial institutions, CPA’s, and financial auditors.
- Held accountable for achieving defined individual and continuous improvement objectives related to the successful launch of SAP system and general stores management
- Participation in accounting functions as needed.
- Recommend actions and make decisions on all issues relating to financial services and cost control management with input from executive leadership and other management team members as appropriate.
- Strictly adhere to company safety and other policies as documented
- All employees have a safety and quality responsibility; therefore, having the authority to stop work processes to correct safety and/or safety problems.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- 1-5 years’ experience in manufacturing/cost accounting and/or asset management modules, ideally 5 years of experience.
- Experience with Major Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) Systems, such as SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, or PeopleSoft Financials
- Experience and knowledge of accounting regulations
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Be available to work outside of regular business hours to support company priorities; travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
Company offers excellent benefits including paid time off and Medical / Dental / Vision Insurances as well as a generously matched 401K.