In partnership with our client, a leader in OEM automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Productivity and Labor Cost Specialist to join their team near Huntsville, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Initially will support the establishment and ramp-up of accounting and productivity reporting and culture at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation that facilitates the creation of an Industry-Leading operational culture. Support company by working closely with all departments to manage and report productivity results.
- Work with headquarters to develop productivity tracking system
- Facilitate production process time studies to create productivity/efficiency targets
- Use product demand to create annual manpower budget
- Work with cross functional departments to determine production takt time
- Calculate and analyze total work time hours for each shop
- Report productivity results in monthly financial reporting meetings to senior management
- Create monthly, weekly, and daily reports to visualize plan vs. actual productivity results
- Identify and calculate cost impact of projects (capital) that improve productivity/efficiency
- Provide monthly analysis for productivity gaps
- Responsible for supporting cost improvement management activities
- Support Cost Management and Financial Reporting members as needed
- Create productivity training material for all departments
- Demonstrate innovation by collaborating with other departments to develop effective productivity data and reports from various systems
- Manage and report year over year productivity results
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
- Create standardized work and manuals for the operation and job above
- Interface with executives, managers, assistant managers, specialists, and group leaders cross-functionally as needed, to foster positive and clear channels of communication.
- Participate in financial audits and visits as requested.
- Interface with financial institutions, CPA’s, and financial auditors.
- Held accountable for achieving defined Individual and continuous Improvement objectives related to creating productivity targets, productivity reporting and productivity system development.
- Participate in budget and development and financial and internal audits.
- Recommend actions and make decisions on all issues relating to financial services and cost control management with input from executive leadership and other management team members as appropriate.
- Strictly adhere to company Safety and other policies as documented.
- All employees have a safety and quality responsibility; therefore, having the authority to stop work processes to correct safety and/or safety problems.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Engineering, Technology, or any business-related field.
- 3 years of Manufacturing experience
- Project Management and Productivity experience
- Experience with SAP, Power Bi, MS Excel, and MS Access
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
Company offers excellent benefits including paid time off and Medical / Dental / Vision Insurances as well as a generously matched 401K.