In partnership with our client, a leader in the OEM automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Quality Engineering Specialist to join their team near Huntsville, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Initially will support the establishment and ramp-up of total company and departmental budgets and cash forecast functions at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
- Develop and sustain the Business (Quality) Management System
- Establish strong team member relations at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Responsible for Supplier/ Business Quality Management and systems through the Quality Engineers
- Responsible for Completed Vehicle quality and supplier inspection standards
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Completed Vehicle inspection standards
- Develop plans and strategies that support division policies and business plan with good milestone management.
- Promptly identify and analyze manufacturing process related problems
- Analyze customer (internal and external) data and create plans to visualize and improve (why made and why shipped)
- Develop actions for Quality improvement and stabilization
- Follow-up on shop activities and support countermeasure development when projects, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), or plans fall behind
- Improve the areas of Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost and Development Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Mass Production and New Model launch
- Ensure daily floor management systems supporting long-term strategy development and achievement
- Support organizational capability development in problem solving
- Develop short and long-term quality department strategies supporting initiatives
- Ensure project milestone management with follow-up and next steps
- Lead Daily Floor Management ensuring quality parts to the customer
- Use Floor Management Systems to visualize the floor condition and promote KPI improvement
- Responsible for training, process development, equipment validation, systems, and document control
- Manage new model and capital budgets
- Able to drive company vehicle (MVR check required) for quality testing on and off site
- Leading root cause analysis with Early Detection Early Resolution of Parts Assurance (Including but not limited Engine, Drivetrain, Chassis, Electrical, Completed Vehicle Assurance, and Equipment), troubleshooting, analysis and approvals; Parts Inspection standard development/ Maintenance, investigation and countermeasure, Controls, Evaluation, Escalation and Management of Parts quality, and workability studies of new parts development.
- Supporting launch of new product for Parts during Major/ Minor model, running changes, and Mass Production.
- Lead the investigation of non-conformance, working with supplier and technical staff to provide quick resolution and establishing corrective actions preventive actions to avoid reoccurrence.
- Manage Supplier development
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or technical field (Science, Technology, Math)
- Experience with Supplier development, or project management, and/or project part launch.
- Quick, timely, innovative, factual/ accurate, result oriented decision making, driven self-starter, and team player
- Experience reading part/component drawings and conveying technical information
- Experience with presentation development and execution
- Manufacturing, Production or Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment with a preference for Quality Engineering experience
WHAT SETS YOU APART
- Automotive experience
- Experience with development of PFMEA’s, and manufacturing control plans
- Experience in strategic planning, and project management
- ISO9001/ QS9000 management experience
- Japanese language or professional experience working with a Japanese or other internationally - owned company
- Experience with consensus building
- Experience with development and launch of parts, testing, and commercialization of automotive parts
Company offers excellent benefits including paid time off and Medical / Dental / Vision Insurances as well as a generously matched 401K.