In partnership with our client, a leader in automotive OEM industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Body Weld Production Group Leader to join their team in Huntsville, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity with a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching, and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion.
- Collaborate with Japanese team members.
- Create production improvement strategies relative to KPI achievement and in translating those strategies into concrete action plans by use of Floor Management Systems
- Ensure alignment of production activities to support business plan objectives
- Share information, communicate goals, and coach team members to achieve objectives
- Support Takt Change planning, line rebalancing, production trials, and training activity
- Support introduction of new models
- Create and manage team member and team leader development plans
- Develop standardize work instruction for each production process
- Manage shop safety program and manage timely implementation of countermeasures
- Coordinate activities with the Body Weld team to improve quality as necessary
- Lead activities to eliminate production bottle necks and/or chronic downtime
- Identify waste in Body Weld process and implement activities to improve overall efficiency
- 5+ year experience in a manufacturing production environment
- Extensive plant level experience in a supervisory/leadership role
- Understanding of the different welding processes and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of welding environmental requirements
- Strong ability to problem-solve with a high mechanical aptitude
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- REQUIRED: Rotating shifts: 1st (7am-3:45pm) and 2nd (7pm-3:45am) with a four-week rotation
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.