In support of our client, a hardware integration and support manufacturing services DOD company, ResourceTek is seeking a Quality Technician to join their team in Huntsville, AL. Under general supervision the right candidate will monitor quality performance on a shift-by-shift basis. This is a long-term opportunity with the possibility of going direct for the right candidate.
- Monitor supplier process output in regard to parts quality and provide feedback to the task force team
- Track trend quality data
- Support shop floor problem solving and investigations
- Use of power, hand, painting tools, and/or fixtures/test for investigation or repair
- Perform repairs on assembly components
- Participates in group meetings and communicates issues
- Verifies own/others work
- Enter and retrieve production information from production systems
- Ability to operate fork trucks / tuggers
- Supports safety programs
- Ability to create summary reports
- Excellent communication skills in a management setting using both verbal and electronic media
- Working knowledge of components, processes, mechanical and electrical technologies
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidate must have a High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have at least 5-years of experience in CMM and/or Laser Tracking equipment experience, manufacturing experience and/or quality experience.
- Blueprint/2D drawing reading and comprehension required. (1-2 years)
- Measurement equipment experience required to include hand tools (calipers, micrometers, pin gages, etc.) as well as other gages and fixtures. (1-2 years)
- Microsoft office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) experience required to at least beginner level. (1-2 years)
- Problem Solving methods
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.