In support of our client, a large steel manufacturer, ResourceTek is seeking an experienced Maintenance Area Manager to join their team in Reading, PA. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The Maintenance Area Manager is responsible for leading and maintaining a safe working environment and is accountable for optimizing machinery and equipment reliability to ensure achievement of operational plan; transforming the maintenance culture from a ‘reactive’ approach to a systems-based, systematic problem-solving approach. Reduce maintenance expenses, create a culture of continuous improvement in the Maintenance area and develop direct reports and organizational capability within the department.
- Create a culture and belief that all equipment failures are preventable. Improve equipment and machinery reliability through RCM approach.
- Improve equipment and machinery reliability measuring machine uptime as a key metric.
- Build organizational capability in the application of lean tools specifically 6S and TPM’s, standardized work and rapid cycle improvements.
- Maximize plant uptime and equipment process capability through an effective predictive and preventative maintenance program.
- Oversee preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and systems (mechanical, electrical).
- Identify equipment to improve availability, capability, and yield. Evaluate equipment improvements; review detailed data, analyze data, and report results.
- Manage multiple projects in a timely manner while ensuring safety, cost effectiveness and proper resource allocation.
- Responsible for spare parts management, including identification of required spare parts, procurement, and inventory management.
- Manage vendors and contractors.
- Work with EHS personnel to ensure the equipment and machinery meet all state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Develop direct reports and build technical skills appropriate to the functional responsibilities.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Four-year college degree preferred. High School Diploma required.
- 2+ years of experience as a Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support Specialist or Maintenance Craftsperson in a heavy equipment manufacturing facility.
- Experience working with an RCM program is preferred.
- Experience with evaluating and recommending new equipment and process improvements through lean concepts and principles.
- Requires excellent written / verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, presentation skills, listening skills, problem-solving skills organizational/prioritization and decision-making skills. Detail oriented and results driven.
- Experience effectively coaching employees and giving performance feedback. Ability to motivate, train and develop others within area of responsibility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing work environment.
Client offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.