In support of our client, an Industrial Fabricator and Installer, ResourceTek is seeking a Field Piping Foreman with industrial maintenance and fabrication experience. This role is located in Wilson, NC and is a project-based contract to direct opportunity.
In this role, the Field Piping Foreman will oversee and direct welders and pipefitters to ensure daily tasks are carried out in a safe, timely and efficient manner. Must be able to read drawings, derive location, orientation, size and diameter of piping or other equipment and any other tasks involved in installing/maintaining piping. Some of these duties may include; lay outs, fabrication, assembly, installs and maintaining piping systems and pipe supports.
- Manage crews of up to 10-20 employees during onsite activities
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksite to determine presence of obstructions.
- Plans installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machine.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meter, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and piping,
- Welds pipe supports to structural steel members.
- May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of material and work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- High school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures for onsite fabrication, welding and maintenance
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Will plan own work and delegate tasks to welders and pipefitters in order to complete tasks in a safe, timely and efficient manner
- Will report to the Pipe Superintendent
ResourceTek offers an industry leading compensation and benefits package including employee medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and vacation, and supplemental insurances.
ResourceTek - An Equal Opportunity