In this role, the candidate will be expected to provide engineering support for new and existing electrical/power systems and conduct and/or provide oversight for arc flash studies of varying size and complexity. The candidate will report to the Program Manager in Nashville, but will be working with various managers, engineers, and designers from the Engineering firm. This is a full time, 3–4-month contract working remotely with the opportunity to be extended into 2022. All hardware/software will be provided.
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities include:
- Perform planning, design, and evaluation of new and existing electrical / power systems across a wide range of facilities and associated equipment.
- Perform studies for power systems modeling, power flow, short circuit, protection devices coordination, arc flash, and related engineering tasks including low voltage power distribution (208V, 240V, and 480V).
- Conduct familiarization sessions in electrical systems theory, the national electrical code (NEC), and clients grounding and bonding standards.
- The ability to support multiple client projects simultaneously
- Compete Arc Flash analysis based off field work/walk downs provided by the consulting firms engineering group.
- BS in Electrical Engineering required
- Must have 10+ years of experience completing Arc Flash studies
- Experience in conducting Arc Flash Hazard Analysis using NFPA 70E and IEEE standards.
- Ability to use Arc Flash software, specifically SKM Power Tools, to produce analysis reports and conduct report reviews.
- Ability to work remotely
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office
- Must have conducted Arc Flash Analysis (from conception to execution) and provided direct supervisory oversight of the project.
- Must possess experience in the most current electrical engineering principles and practices
- Requires in-depth knowledge of NFPA 70E and applicable OSHA standards,