In support of our client, a leading supplier of integrated wear solutions for mining, construction and industry, we have an immediate need for an Engineering Change Order (ECO) Coordinator to assist in ongoing projects for their Minneapolis, MN facility. This is a 6-month contract to direct opportunity with the client.
An “ECO Coordinator” position is required to manage the Engineering Change Orders for the Technical Department. In addition, this person will also be a “technical document specialist” who will manage all the product design and material groups technical documentation and ISO Quality documents.
- Administer the company’s ECO process, for all products, to ensure proper revision control and documentation.
- Manage the overall ECO lifecycle process from creation to closure.
- Gather all the engineering requirements from the commercial team and translate it into an ECO that can be assigned to a responsible engineer.
- Route and track various ECO’s (NPI, REV, CAR, WTR, and CCR) to the “responsible engineer”, “reviewer” and “approver”.
- Coordinate with Project Scheduling Group to prioritize the ECOs and come up with a project schedule.
- Ensure that the responsible engineer, account manager or quality engineer at each lifecycle state of the ECO are performing their task on a timely basis.
- Communicate to the commercial team and the production plants on priorities, schedule and expected dates of completion of ECOs.
- Manage the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in terms of timeliness and quality of drawings, technical reports etc.
- Review ECO entries for accuracy and request additional information as required.
- Effectively communicate between Product Design, Foundries and Marketing groups to coordinate the timely processing of ECOs.
- Manage all the documentation related to ECO’s and ensure that part numbers and related documents are correctly tagged.
- Maintain design standards, design review checklists and product design manuals.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree required.
- 2-3 years of experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool is required.
- 3D CAD Modeling and Product Design experience is required.
- Experience working with Autodesk Vault or other related PDM tools is preferred.
- Five years of experience working with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Good understanding of top-down modeling and 3D parameterization techniques is a plus.
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills. Need to be pro-active in this position.
- Ability to work independently in a team-based environment
ResourceTek provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes group medical, paid holidays and vacation, 401k participation, Flexspend and other supplemental benefits.
ResourceTek - An Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace