In support of our client, an Industrial Fabricator and Installer, ResourceTek is seeking a Field Piping Superintendent with industrial maintenance and fabrication experience. This role is located in Wilson, NC and is a project-based contract to direct opportunity.
In this role, the Field Piping Superintendent will oversee projects and direct foreman to ensure daily tasks are carried out in a safe, timely and efficient manner. Must be able to read drawings, derive location, orientation, size and diameter of piping or other equipment and any other tasks involved in installing/maintaining piping. Some of these duties may include; lay outs, fabrication, assembly, installs and maintaining piping systems and pipe supports.
- Manage up to 5 Field Piping Foreman and crews of up to 10-20 employees during onsite activities
- Must have experience with project estimating and bidding.
- Must be comfortable and available for meetings with clients, General Contractors and other trades on site
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksite to determine presence of obstructions.
- Plans installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of material and work pieces during installation.
- Review and approve time reporting activities of employees.
- Experience with job tracking and progress
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- High school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures for onsite fabrication, welding and maintenance
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Will plan own work and delegate tasks to Foreman and crew members in order to complete tasks in a safe, timely and efficient manner
- Will report to the Operations Manager and Project Manager
ResourceTek offers an industry leading compensation and benefits package including employee medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and vacation, and supplemental insurances.
ResourceTek - An Equal Opportunity